The Remote Desktop Services (TermService) service allows users to connect interactively to a remote computer. To prevent remote use of this computer: in the Control Panel, in System properties, clear the check boxes on the Remote tab.
This service is installed by default and its startup type is Manual.
When the Remote Desktop Services service is started in its default configuration, it logs on by using the Local System account.
The Remote Desktop Services service is dependent upon the following system components:
- Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
- DCOM Server Process Launcher
- RPC Endpoint Mapper
- Terminal Device Driver
The following system components are dependent on the Remote Desktop Services service:
- Remote Desktop
- Remote Desktop Session Host Server
- Media Center Extender Service
- Remote Desktop Services UserMode Port Redirector