The Telephony (TapiSrv) service provides support for programs that control telephony devices on the local computer and on servers that are also running the service through the LAN. This service is required for dial-up modem connectivity.
This service is installed by default, and its startup type is Manual.
When the Telephony (TapiSrv) service is started in its default configuration, it logs on by using the Network Service account.
The Telephony service is dependent upon the following system components:
- Plug and Play
- Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
- DCOM Server Process Launcher
- RPC Endpoint Mapper
The following system components are dependent upon the Telephony service:
- Remote Access Auto Connection Manager
- Remote Access Connection Manager
- Internet Connection Sharing (ICS)