This security setting determines whether passwords must meet complexity requirements.
If this policy is enabled, passwords must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Not contain the user's account name or parts of the user's full name that exceed two consecutive characters
- Be at least six characters in length
- Contain characters from three of the following four categories:
- English uppercase characters (A through Z)
- English lowercase characters (a through z)
- Base 10 digits (0 through 9)
- Non-alphabetic characters (for example, !, $, #, %)
Complexity requirements are enforced when passwords are changed or created.
Note: By default, member computers follow the configuration of their domain controllers.